22/09/2016

Publish - Scrap FX


Yesterday I shared my first "flying" page with Scrap FX goodies and today I'm showing you the other one. Where the first layout had a lot of color and just accents of black and white, the other page is mainly grey but has a streak of color in it. I was inspired by Michelle's layout with the falling feathers (and now realized I used the same idea with the paint without knowing it!) and also about the sparkly paints I used in the first layout.


I used the shiny acrylics to create a rainbow styled streak in the middle of my page. Normally I'm drawn to analogous color scheme and very hesitant when it comes to complementary color schemes, but this time I decided to be bold. I mixed teal, light blue and pink in the background using my palette knife and then stamped with orange on top. I used the bigger bird from the "Robin" stamp set but turned the bird so that it's just texture and shapes in the layout. There's also drawn details in the background using the "Triangles" and the "Random Dots" stencils.

The main embellishments in the page are the two sizes of the "Fancy Feathers". I embossed those black with embossing powder. To add something else to the page I first added the black dot stickers but then felt that something else was also needed so I used the "Buttons - round" chippies just like they are. They mimic the colors of the background. There's also pieces from two transparencies in the page - a thought from the "Birds and Words" one in the side of the photo and then a narrow strip from the "Vocational" transparency under the photo.

The photo shows just a part of the magazines where something I've created has been published. It was quite an amazing feeling to see those magazines all in a pile.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you! Wishing you a lovely day!


Materials from Scrap FX:




Materials: ScrapFX, 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Wow Embossing Powder, American Crafts

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...